2) Stack wood in a log cabin fashion inside of the pit, building upwards. Make sure to space the wood out to leave a center.
3) Fill the center with wood chippings/ twigs/ newspaper. Only use dry leaves if you don't have anything else as they have a tendency to burn up quickly and be carried away in wind.
4) Use matches to light different points in the center.
5) Blow into center of the "log cabin" appropriately to get the fire to burn hotter.
6) Add additional kindling until center logs catch on fire and embers are created.